There is a substantial amount of work (tests, assignments, lecture schedule etc.) involved with tertiary education. A good calendar application can help students manage their work load effectively and help plan ahead and bring order to a very busy agenda.
Zoho calendar application:
This is an application is lets users create attractive calendars in a simple outlay to present important dates and times. The application is also setup for multiple users, this always users to collaborate their work and dates for efficient and effective scheduling.
Some of the Zoho calendar features include:
- Synchronize Zoho Calendars with email accounts
- Set reminders up to 90 days
- Allow access to other users to review events and collaborate
The difference Zoho calendar application has to other similar applications, this that it not only a day planner. Institutions can monitor and collaborate on important issues such as:
- Test dates and venues
- Due dates for assignments (where to hand in and time)
- Lecture scheduling for individual students
- Tutorial venues and times
The application is user friendly, the design of the calendar allows users to easily see and highlight important dates. This would be very effective for institutions to implement as they could host these applications for students, making it easy for students to stay on top of work.
There are also easy to follow tutorials on how to get started using Zoho calendar application on YouTube.
Here is a link to help get start http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVT7zasfn
1. AppAppeal Editor, http://zoho-calendar.appappeal.com/ , date website accessed: 23rd April 2013
2. Joshua Patrick, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVT7zasfnaE, date website accessed: 23rd April 2013
3. https://www.zoho.com/calendar/features.html, date website accessed: 23rd April 2013
Contributed by ; Tyran Rylance (449153)