How important is technology in education?
The role of technology in the field of education is included as a part of the curriculum, as an instructional delivery system, as a means of aiding instructions and also as a tool to enhance the entire learning process.
Research has shown, that students learn best when they are engaged. Through the use of technology students can become active participants as opposed to passive ones where they simply receive instructions or information.
You can read more about this at: http://www.education.com/reference/article/how-does-technology-facilitate-learning/.html
Overall Advantage Of Technology In Education
Technology allows distance learning
The greatest impact of technology in the field of education is its ability to help several people learn simultaneously from different locations. Learners are not required to gather at a specific time or place in order to learn and receive instructions and information. All one needs is a computer connected to a modem (or with a CD drive); these tools can literally deliver a ‘classroom’ in the homes and offices of people.
- Technology helps lower training costs and increases productivity
- Increasing the reach of quality education and improvement in distance education concept
- Easy availability
- Computers stimulate young minds by making learning fun. The Internet allows students to explore whole new worlds in real time. There hardly a subject which can’t benefit from the resources available on the web.
- Would create a more paperless environment which in turn would save paper and resources needed to produce paper.
Read more here at : http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5482070_information-technology-helps-education.html
Advantages of lecture videos:
- Learn at your desired pace
- Get information about the subject that is updated more frequently
- You have sufficient time and opportunity to look for other related material on the Internet and elsewhere.